Translate

samedi 29 décembre 2012

"City Celebration" is in the Top 10!!

"City Celebration" is in the Top 10!!:

"City Celebration"
60" x 36" acrylic on canvas

Last weekend was a quiet and relaxing one for me.  I showed some property; rented out one house and continued the purging of "stuff" around the house.  Once again, I began the ambiguous dance around my paints and brushes, staring at them wistfully but not touching.  It's been over six weeks since I've picked up a paintbrush (an artist's one, that is) and I'm mystified at the creative block I've found myself in.  

Switching on the computer to check my emails, I saw a "Congratulations -- you've won!" in the headlines and almost deleted it as SPAM until I noticed the sender was Abstract Artist Gallery.  Clicking on the link, I was surprised and thrilled to see that my "City Celebration" painting had placed in the Top 10 of their International Abstract Art competition!!  You can see the list of the winners here:

I had not submitted my art to a competition before, but decided to do so because I absolutely love this site and the amazing artists whose works are featured there.  Figuring I had nothing to lose, I submitted two paintings along with my entry fee and am honored to have ranked among their Top 10 winners.  

Winning this award has given me the inspiration and energy to keep pushing through the "sludge" that my Muse is making me wade through.  I have a feeling she has something awesome in store for me, and I can't wait!




Aucun commentaire:

AddThis