Translate

mercredi 3 octobre 2012

Interview With Dan Cope - Dan the Random Man

Interview With Dan Cope - Dan the Random Man:



artist dan cope paintingDan Cope
Maryville, Tennessee, USA

I am a sixty one year old carpenter who has painted all his life without any lessons.
I do abstracts, mainly in acrylic, don't use brushes, just bits of paper, rubber bands, feathers or anything else that strikes my fancy. I like to work flat and wet, allowing the paint to seek it's own course. I call my theme,"edge". I try to get it between abstract and concrete.



ABYSS

Conveys the feeling of falling in. I paid my rent with this one.



When did you first know you were an artist?

When I was nine, my mom brought home an abstract painting. I went to my room and slashed a green crayon up and down and said to her,"Look, Mom, modern grass." She flipped out and I have been painting ever since.

Read more »

Aucun commentaire:

AddThis